Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gameshark Light Platinum

Step by step I get older


The dr. Mouse (my R1, come on), the Deputy and I are waiting for the patient leaves the operating room after surgery, as usual (never know if it will emerge a post-anesthesia complications) Suddenly, one of the greater weight attached to the service, which is at par to the chief resident, appears

- Hey Bella, you can download the operating room of the 2 nd? And have the patient there and so will you starting

Minimomento instant terror, because a) What he really means is that I download to make the surgical intervention and b) is an intervention that we usually do 1-2 residents adequately supervised by 3-4, but both seniors are one in the operating room and the other from the consultation, to we must add that although I have zillions of these, is the first I do as R increased, with the responsibility that implies

- Yeah, sure, but ... "I alone? - Asked candidly
- No, no, of course - Sigh of relief on my part - As I send it out there on the stone. Mouse

at that moment is when you realize that the responsibility goes for you, that's an opportunity to prove your worth (because, basically, you know that if you have any question or small problem 15 seconds can mobilize to fifty attachments). So without a word, I leave the operating room without giving me time to think if I'm nervous or not.

When I arrive and are all in their places. We have the most veteran anesthesiologist, tanned and in our small daily battles, calmly looking at me, I've dropped a thousand times in the company of my elders to do exactly the same procedure. As I prepare the field, begins to tell the patient the basic data, among which he received radiation to the area to intervene. Radiation means hard tissue planes difficult to see.

- You go with all the tranquility of the world, that these patients bleed like no - I said - If we have to do only the intervention of the three we have (all three are the same type of surgery) it .

prepare the field and Dr. Mouse comes with the nerve and the surgical resident's little excitement. We get the dough and the matter is given as well as in 15-20 minutes is all set. I review things and the stress is removed from me. Certainly not its consequences, because when I'm running I usually tense, with hobbies like running on tiptoe and stop slouching after the maximum (and I say hobby, because the bed can be raised and lowered, but even my ideal is going to end up on tiptoe same), with which every joint in my body screaming in pain. R3 comes my

- Ah, well, this already? Come then to the following and I am left with mouse, you no longer need me up

I have not had to call for help. And it has gone very worst that very well. I can not trust each surgery is an adventure, but today I feel that all the work that I carry is good for something.

And what feels good to know that ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment